Friday, April 1, 2016

30 in 30.....day 1


I'm putting myself on a challenge for this month. There are 30 days in April, so I am going to paint 30 paintings, 1 a day. Hell, I may even do a push-up with each one too, ya that's a good idea, I will add push-ups each day too (kill 2 birds with one stone). 

I was going to do a theme, but I feel for this first 30 in 30 I will just try to accomplish the challenge and hold myself accountable. I will most likely only be posting to the blog everyday with a few here & there to my Facebook. Sometimes things don't always work out as planned (paintings especially) but it's still good to have the record of learning. 

Here is day 1
I found this bouquet at Sprouts & I bought it specificly to paint for my friend, Dzifa. I met Dzifa when I was travel nursing in Connecticut. She was a Canadian nurse, but originally from Ghana. When I met Dzifa, she couldn't swim or ride a bike. Our other good friend, Lacie, taught her how to ride a bike over about a week, & then the 3 of us set off for a long weekend on Martha's Vineyard to explore & bike the island. The first day we got there, we went ocean kayaking...which, as someone who can't swim, must have been terrifying, but she's a bad ass, so she went anyway. She basically paddled that boat into every rock along the shore, to assure she would not float out to sea. Her only adventure out from the shore, she almost ran into an ocean liner.....I'm surprised we didn't have to pay damages for her boat, that thing was all scratched up. That night we went to a dance club & then everything went downhill from there. Dzifa doesn't drink & Lacie is responsible, so that left me. I can't recall the night, other than I was awesome! Dancing till close, not a care in the world......oh to be 26 again. 
Needless to say, her bike lessons were a complete waste for the next day, as I literally layed on a park bench regretting my awesome, and especially that crazy cartwheel thing I performed landing in the splits.....oh to be 16 again. 

        Looks like Roses, but it's not. (2016)
      Oil on board 8x10
          Gifted to friend 
                               
 So, here's to an awesome record of living & learning.
-Cheree 




No comments:

Post a Comment