Thursday, April 14, 2016

30 in 30...day 14

The last 3 paintings I've done have been with my acrylics. I have missed my acrylics so much. They are my favorite painting medium. They dry so fast & layer so well. It's such a perfect medium for all those who are too busy to wait & who run out of drying space on the art shelves. 

Today I did an abstract of some pink flowers that were beginning to bloom at the botanic gardens. This painting did not start out abstract, but turned that way when I screwed up the first planned painting & got frustrated & then literally threw paint on the board (I am quite dramatic) & said "FU 30 in 30." Then continued to forge through my designated paint time, with the below result. 

Springing Pink (2016)
Acrylic on board 8x10
               
Throwing paint, swearing, over-dramatics...that how production gets done. 
-Cheree 

No comments:

Post a Comment