Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sharing the walk and letting go

Almost everyday I walk my son to school. This is one of the most enjoyable times of my day. Usually it's just me and him. Talking, not talking, sharing wisdom, walking, and getting breakfast. He's 7 now, old enough to understand incredible things & young enough to still ask a lot of questions about what he doesn't know yet. Not too long from now he's going to be to cool to walk with his mom in such close proximity.  And WAY too cool to ask me any questions or possibly care what I have to teach him or even share so openly his life with me. He's going to have things to explore and thoughts to think. Places to go and people to impress. He's going to grow up. 


Rainy walk to school (2015)
Acrylic on canvas panel 8x6

But until that day, he is mine, all mine. 

Plus, I'm pretty sure as he gets older, he's always gonna need me to buy his breakfast. 

-Cheree 

No comments:

Post a Comment