Thursday, April 30, 2015

Infomercial painting with a Blue bear

My parents recently came to visit this past weekend. I was having a mommy meltdown (the peacock was out of the country for 10 days) and I needed support. I love when my parents come and visit (I wish they could move into the building)....but my Dad's taste in TV is really one of a kind.

I usually paint at 4am-6am, alone and with music on or a Rockies game. I started painting this at 1pm, with one of the Harry Potter movies on and things quickly went down hill. In fact, this picture was not even going to be of the Blue Bear. I was attempting a fountain. It turned out terrible, so I scrapped the canvas and switched gears. This occurred at the same time my Dad switched the TV to a folk music infomercial to the objection of the others in the room.

"Mom, I want to watch the next Harry Potter!"
Me: No, you haven't finished that book yet.
"Mom, I just want to watch up to chapter 19."
Me: No, we're leaving the infomercial on.
Dad: It's not an infomercial, it's PBS. I could put on a Western.
NO!
"Mom, you don't even like this show. "
Me: I do now. I like the fact that since it's been on, for some reason my painting got better and when Harry Potter was on, Voldemort was clearly using the "Ridiculous" spell against me.

The infomercial stayed on.
And this painting is the result of Legends of Folk-PBS

Peter, Paul, Mary and the Blue Bear (2015) 
Acrylic on canvas panel 8x6
SOLD


Who knew the Blue bear gets down to the Folk.
-Cheree 







The Blue bear likes not only folk music, but he would appreciate your support of PBS.









No comments:

Post a Comment