Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Bridge running and base jumping

I am not a runner. Back in my early 20's when I experimented with being a type A, I ran a lot. Honestly, I feel really good after I ran but it isn't any different from the feeling I get after biking, hiking, yoga, walking, swimming & a good nap. When I ran, I never really noticed how magnificent this bridge was. I've only seen it through the eyes of running to it, so that I can stop and walk. Running for me consisted of jogging to the bridge, then walking to the next bridge, then jogging to the next bridge.....you get the point. Bridges are key for running in my book. A successful run is all about the bridges.

On this particular day, I was not on the trail running. These days I only run to prevent the toddler from eating trash, licking the ground, laying in traffic, basically intervening with any instinct that occurs to her. This day I am at this wonderful downtown childrens park, across from the Pepsi Center, that looks on to this bridge. I'm trying to run some energy out of the goldfish, so she will take a LOOOOOOONG nap. Right now, she is getting ready to go down the big slide.............Oh Crap,


The Resting Bridge (2015)
Acrylic on canvas panel 8x8


I gotta run, she's going to base jump off a 4 foot climbing wall ledge. 
Time to put her back in the tank.

-Cheree


















No comments:

Post a Comment