Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weeding drops of sunshine

I have always loved dandelions. I remember picking these lovelies when I was very young. I picked them all the time in daycare for award ceremonies, weddings, playhouse centerpieces, and  funeral flowers to put on dead worm and ladybug graves. I picked them for my teachers and of course for....my Mom.

Now, I know that these are considered weeds, but I don't care (The best honey I've ever had was dandelion honey). I have never seen them this way. Every time my children give me these little yellow drops of sunshine, I am happy & I am loved. Dandelions are for Moms. Not because they are under appreciated and are a garden weed; but just opposite, because in the eyes of a child,
with dandelions,
1. You will never get in trouble for picking them (unlike the columbine), but if you do, you will probably be forgiven and hug it out over a cookie and hot cocoa.
2. You know that you can always count on them to be there for you (to pick). In fact, they seem to be everywhere.... all the time....will they ever just leave me alone? Ghaaah, I'm going to my room.
3. When it's time, they let their seeds fly away.
4. They are the most beautiful flower you will ever see. Little drops of sunshine. Especially For Mom.

Dandy Drops of Sunshine (2015)
Acrylic on canvas panel 8x6
Click to bid

Happy Mother's Day to all mom's but especially my own. 
I love you. 
-Cheree 


Warning: If the peacock thinks he can bring home dandelions for Mother's day, he will be placed on the next plane to Wisconsin to give those dandelions to his Mother! It's only cute when it comes from your children. 


No comments:

Post a Comment