Saturday, May 30, 2015

Is this Crane for real

While walking to my conference in San Antonio I ran across this guy on my first day on my way in (it was early in the morning....6-something Denver time).
I was quite tired heading into the conference, as I slept like crap in the hotel and had just flown in the night before (and like I mentioned, I don't enjoy flying).

I really wasn't sure he was real to be honest. I thought he might be a statue placed on the river walk for decoration. I snapped some pictures of him, watched him closely for a bit and then realized that the conference was starting and I was now late (this is a common occurance, I'm easily distracted and often late because of it). I'm pretty sure he was real....I just was so tired.

Then, a few nights later, I was walking back with my friend, Megan, after throwing a few back....we stumbled upon this piano bar and then the night got long. It was about 1am when we headed back to our hotel and while walking back, there he was!
The Craniac!

"Look there he is, we should be really quiet and sneaky (you know because quiet is always accomplished after a few drinks) I think he's real."

Now, I was a bit frightened, as I now thought he was real and going to attack us, plus, he was really close (really really close) and my sense of reality was more impaired than it is at baseline. We sneakily walked past him and he immediately flew off across the way.......

He's a Craniac (2015)
Acrylic on canvas panel 6x6
SOLD

OMG! HE'S REAL!
That crane is REAL! 
-Cheree 














No comments:

Post a Comment