Thursday, May 14, 2015

I'm a commute-ist

In our house, we support many public goods: swimming pools, fire departments, PBS, public school, and of course, public transportation. The peacock takes a train every day to work 40 minutes away. I love a good ride on the train too. So relaxing and slow, makes me feel all urban old fashion Bostonian inside. When I lived in Boston I took the T everywhere. That's where I first fell so in love with trains. I then became a fan of Thomas the train and the love grew. Here in Denver we have a modern train called the Lightrail. But I still call it the train because that's what it is (Mom, you call everything a train).

I like public transportation and I am proud to be a commuter whether by bus, bike, foot, or train. I truly don't understand why Sir Topham Hatt doesn't ditch his car and ride on his trains for free. Between you and me, it's time for him to go, time for a change. Sodor needs some sustainable forward thinking. Topham Hatt is a little too clueless / elitist for my taste. But I digress....If you want to get caught up on your reading, the train is where time stands still. If you like to knit, you can create an entire scarf on your ride to work. If you have children that need something to do on a rainy day, put them on the next train; you get out your book and keep warm with your scarf and just ride the train. Back and forth. Back and forth. Everyone loves a train once they get going. I'm telling you, it's fun to be a commutist.

Commute-ist 2015)
Acrylic on canvas 9x12



Cinders and Ashes that Lightrail is a really useful engine.  
-Cheree




No comments:

Post a Comment