Friday, May 8, 2015

Iris I was a little bit taller

It's been raining a lot here in Denver and with the rain comes not only the massive amounts of blooming Iris, but also the "I wish" thoughts. Dark dreary weather will sometimes bring this about. (Don't get me wrong, I love a good rain, but days of darkness can get you off sometimes). I wish thoughts are just that, I wish I was independently wealthy, I wish I was thinner, I wish I could go back and do that moment over again, I wish I had done this or that with my life, I wish I had more time, more money, more space, more quiet, more Whatever! They are nonsense thoughts from your brain to trip you up and get you trying to be more of what you're not and less of what you are; which brings me back to the iris (I bet you were wondering how I'd get back there).

I don't think the Iris has "I wish" thoughts. In fact, I know it doesn't. The Iris stands tall in it's royal weirdness. It's petals are all kinds of whacked out crazy, curling around to which ever way it is to be. It's an abstracting standout. It takes life and photosynthesizes the crap out of it. Every chance it gets. There is no wishing, there is only Irising.

Iris I AM (2015)
Acrylic on canvas panel 6x8
SOLD

Iris I was......Iris I AM. 
-Cheree 

No comments:

Post a Comment