Sunday, March 22, 2015

So......I started a Blog. Now what?

Well, I'm only about a decade late on the blog thing. 

For the past week I have been getting up at 4:00-4:30 in the morning to paint for an hour or two before the children get up. I haven't painted since high school, 20 years ago. I recently picked up some paint, paint brushes along with some canvas and let loose.

I definitely have a few cobwebs to dust off, but overall, I love the quiet in the early morning, painting, drinking tea, and setting my mind for my day.

Pre Daily Painting: This was a painting I did for my friend, Amelia, for her 40th birthday. She is a self defense instructor, creator, mother, feminist, a true inspiration, and my first "mommy" friend. This is one of the 3 ideas that got me back into my art (the other 2 are on the way).


Beautiful BadAss (2015)
Acrylic on Canvas Paper 8x11


Daily Painting, The Adventure begins: Here is the very first painting I did for my journey into daily painting. This is the clock tower I see at 4am while I'm painting. This is the view from our balcony in downtown Denver, 27 floors up, 900 square foot living space, 2 kids, 2 cats, 2 adults. It's an unconventional adventure, it's fun, frustrating, exciting, beautiful, it's my life and it's pure joy. 

4am Clock Tower (2015)
Acrylic Palette Knife on Canvas 9x12


Sam's: Our functional kitchen, otherwise known as Sam's no.3, on the corner of our street. Living downtown, I don't cook that much. 

Sams (2015)
Acrylic Palette Knife on canvas board 8x10


On Base: I found this picture online, while I was checking on what to expect from the Rockies this year. I painted it for my son's room (He's a Rockies extremist).   


On Base (2015)
Acrylic on canvas 9x12


And now rookie, let's play ball. 

-Cheree

















No comments:

Post a Comment