Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Let's do it again....(ferris wheel revised)

I took this picture of the Ferris wheel at Elitch Gardens, almost 3 years ago, while my son & I were having a "Mother/Son" day. I had recently given birth to his sister and his entire world was shaken, flipped and stirred (not to mention my own). He had been an only child for 5 years. He had been the center of my world, the focus of my days and the point of my attention.....and now he wasn't. My time with him was split. My time was to be shared. And sometimes it was frustrating. Sometimes it was unfair and sometimes we both wanted off the ride.

As we waited for our turn, I really wasn't sure he was actually going to go on the Ferris wheel. Although, he loves a good thrill, his thrill seeking adventures has always remained solidly grounded. He is very afraid of heights. I asked him several times if he was sure this was what he wanted to do. He insisted that it was and that he wanted to get to the top and see the city. Because we were together, he was going to be alright. Because we were together, every thing would be alright.


Up We Go (2015)
Acrylic on canvas board 8x8


So, we got on with death grips held tight to each other; around & around in circles we went,  getting nervous & excited, laughing & screaming...over & over again, until the ride was over.....

 "Let's do it again mom"
-Cheree

Funny thing, the clouds became a part of this painting, when I accidentally dripped some tea on the painting and had to fix it....Whallah, Clouds!

Originally this blog entry was about my own journey as a novice painter, but when I revisited  this painting, I felt the story did not fully fit the picture, so I reworked the piece. 



No comments:

Post a Comment