Monday, June 8, 2015

8 year old girls hate Clayton Kershaw

I am truly an 8 year old girl in my heart. This is the age I revert to when I am tired, hungry, sad, angry.....and having an artist block, which is currently occurring. I must be honest, I have not been painting every day. This past week I have only been sleeping in the early mornings. I'm not sure why, but I have been both tired and uninspired (not because there is not inspirational things or moments around, but because that feeling for me has been taken over by other feelings I guess).

But.......a break in the weather & thus my mood last week, I stumbled upon a beautiful scene of the city when looking for a place to get  my kids dinner before our son's baseball practice.

"Mom, what street are we on?"
I don't know, look at the city, I need to pull over and take a picture.
"Mom, I think we are close to a Subway."
Yeah! I eat suway too. (goldfish) I wuv suway! 
No, subway! They put yoga mats in their bread.
yoya mats? 
"No, they don't do that anymore, they said so on the commercial."
No, subway!
I wan suway!!! I wan suway!!!
I can't believe I've never seen this view of the city before.
"Mom, Clayton Kershaw eats subway all the time and he's one of the best pitchers in major league."
Oh My God! you know what else Clayton Kershaw eats?
"What?"
Yoga mats. We're not getting subway.
"Mom! They don't put yoga mats in the bread anymore!!!!"
I wan suway. I!   WAN! SUNWAYYYYY! 
"Okay fine, how about a morning bun from Starbucks?"

I must interject.....please don't judge. My children 90% of the time do eat really good foods, but we also are very active and  sometimes snacks and meals are on the road and done in a hurry. They also know when to catch me at my moment of traffic irritated weakness (this is when Starbucks and Subway first emeged)

No! I'm getting some chicken and veggies from Sprouts.
Uhhhhhhh I wan suway uhhhhhhh

I now revert to my 8 year old self and imagine a time with no Subway, no Starbucks & No Kershaw! Only bright rainbows and lots of glittery clouds above a quiet colorful city. A Quiet, Quiet, city.

Ahhh.........Peaceful thoughts.
Bright rainbows, quiet times.
Lots of glitter!
No Kershaw........


Rainbow Bright (2015)
Acrylic on panel 9x12

"Mom, if you get chicken I will not eat it, I'm just going to starve for my practice!"
uuuuuuhhhhhh, I wan suway uhhhhhhhhhh!!! 

Damn you Clayton Kershaw!
-Cheree 



No comments:

Post a Comment