Friday, July 24, 2015

To everything, TURN, TURN, TURN....

It has officially been 1 month since I started this painting. This Large painting! Although, I am enjoying it tremendously, it has somewhat become my "kitchen remodel". This meaning, that once I paint one detail, I realize that I need to add another one or fix something else to have it look right. It's a necessary cycle. I've taken several "breaks" from this one and have often woken up in the morning to work on it, only to find that I have drank a pot of tea and all I've done is sit and stare at it. I've been stuck. I've made some breakthroughs. I've been utterly annoyed, I've walked away, and yet have completely found joy with it all.
"A time of love, a time of hate
A time of war, a time of peace
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing"


For the past week I've only been working on this guy (no other littles). I tell you this, because I've had a few people ask when I'm going to post again. And, since I suffer from ADD..(see ADD flare)
I have decided NOT to intermix the little paintings for now, and I'm going to spend this whole next week finishing it!

This painting was the kick off start to me getting back into painting again after 20 years away. I sketched it out 6 months ago, (6 MONTHS AGO!) during the goldfish's nap.....the next thing you know I'm on Craigslist buying an easel and down $200 in art supplies.....(this number might be greatly deflated).

I'm very excited to TURN this thing around soon! Because I do think it's getting close.

In the meantime, here is a couple little snippets off my "kitchen remodel".



It is the season. 
Turn, Turn, Turn. 

-Cheree 










No comments:

Post a Comment