Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Loving on the process

When I've done my art in the past I did it for the end result and to be done. I'd get bored and frustrated and I'd have a big pile of unfinished works. I've heard so many artists and professionals talk about "their process"...their routine. I'm not the most routine/process/repetitive type of persons, but these last couple weeks, I can honestly say: I AM LIVING FOR MY PROCESS!!! I live for the tediouness of the pattern and the slow progression it's giving me into carpal tunnel,  the struggle to get the color palette right, (or even to have it be off), the thought process with what to put on that pattern. Glitter choices. All of it. 
I now anticipate & feel frustrated with disruption of this process. 

Day 8: Monarch on argyle #2  2018
 6x6 Acrylic, glitter & pen on gesso board

Day 9: Flamingo on Midcentury circles  2018
8x8 acrylic, glitter, and googly eye on gesso board


Day 11: Orange popsicle in the sky  2018
6x6 acyrlic & glitter on gesso board


Day 13: Looks like there's donuts in the breakroom   2018
6x6  acrylic, glitter, & googly eye on gesso board

Day 14: Get off my lawn, I just mowed it   2018
10x10 acrylic, glitter, sequins & googly eye on canvas with 1"profile 

But more importantly, I finally understand why my husband likes to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Why he gets crabby when the routine gets "sabotaged". 
He's just loving on the process. 
-Cheree 

PS. There are a few missing from this week, I will be posting about those seperately soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment