Tuesday, September 11, 2018

$hit tons of glitter

About 2 years ago, I did a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and I absolutely hated it. I wasn't really very orgaized for it, and I over thunk each painting. For almost 6 months now I have had a bad artists block. I wasn't painting at all & what I did paint, I hated & couldn't finish anything. At the encouragement of one of my art friends, she said I should do the 30 in 30 again to help get out of the rut. 

This time around, I decided I wasn't going to over think any of it & I wasn't going to care if anyone likes it or if it was "arts & crafty"....because let's face it, I AM arts & crafty. I also decided smaller is better & I will make them big later. This time I'm focusing on all my loves: patterns, glitter, metallics, Glitter, sequins...more glitter again...& whatever the hell else I decide is awesome. 
So here is week 1: 
(To follow this journey daily, I post them each on my Instagram account
Chereeapalona)

Eggplant on stripes 6x6
acrylic & glitter on gesso board
Apple on stripes 6x6
acrylic & glitter on gesso board 
Male peacock on argyle 6x6
acrylic, glitter & pen on gesso board
Lady peacock on argyle 6x6
acrylic, glitter & pen on gesso board
Monarch on argyle 6x6
acrylic & glitter & pen on gesso board
Rooster on houndstooth 8x8
acrylic & glitter with googly eye on canvas board
SOLD
Golden chicken on houndstooth 6x6
acrylic & glitter with googly eye on canvas board
SOLD 
Golden chicken on houndstooth 6x6
acrylic & glitter with googly eye on canvas board 

PS glitter is hard to capture in a photo but there is a shit ton of glitter going on. A. Shit. Ton. I promise! 
Oh & some googly eyes too. 
-Cheree 





2 comments:

  1. So happy to see you reboot your wonderful artistic talent! We have enjoyed seeing your work so much...1st week looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete