Sunday, November 6, 2016

Write, Rot, Read, Repeat. (and some painting too)

It's been a little while since I wrote a blog. My go to of an excuse is that, "well, I have children and they are busy and want my time." While this is true, the cut-the-crap, reality is that I have been TV bingeing on Transparent, Stranger Things, Mozart in the Jungle, Raiders of the Lost Art and American Pickers...Not to mention I have writer's block (since July) and more so, a major lack of motivation towards writing (also since July, because TV is rotting my brain...kind of...I should mention that I have been counteracting the rot by reading several good books as well, this includes: A Marriage of Opposites, The Last Painting of Sara de Vos, Fat Artist, The Miniaturist & one other one I can't remember right now, but it was good). Despite all this bingeing and rot counteracting, I have continued to paint my little still lives and a few other new projects (which I really do plan to blog about, as soon as I finish bingeing on Good Girls & reading In The Not Quite Dark). 

I'm hoping that just by getting back on to the computer tonight and posting some of the little still lives; it will get the rot out of my brain & the writing ideas going again.

So without further ado, I present some more exciting little still (creative) life (savers).

Ready for the Cut (2016)
Oil on Gesso board 6x6
Buy

Peppers (2016)
Oil on Clay board 6x6
Buy

And now, it's time for me to get back to rotting.....
-Cheree

No comments:

Post a Comment