Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Beeing on Sabbatical

For the past month I've been on a sabbatical with lots of weekend filled baseball tournaments that have dominated our life for the past 2 months and have been quite exhausting. Watching young energetic children run around on a field 10 degrees hotter than Hells volcanos motivates you to take on the world with passion and enthusiasm....until you get home and realize that even dinner is not gonna happen; let alone blogging, painting, bathing, and sometimes even blinking. These are the days that my children eat 3 granola bars before dinner...opportunists they are. 
 
The things we do for those little ones that we love.
 
It's been at these events that has made me take a step back and truly appreciate the joys of a child's world. And how important  it is to always connect with your inner child (mine happens to be my 5 year old self, complete with nonsense songs, crazy stories, and my squirt gun...of course). The joys of a child are simple really. Joys consists of fun, games, fun, activity, fun, creativity, forts, crayons, water, and most important, FUN.
 
To honor this for the summer. I'm going to paint with the intention of childish Fun, run through fountains, play catch & soccer with my son & dolls/girls/dress-up/super heros with my daughter.

The below painting was inspired by a painting my son did last year where he used a bottle cap to create a water color abstract. My son is super type A & the A does not stand for art or abstract! He's mathematically oriented & things are either right or wrong. You win or you lose.  So creating art with a perfect circle and then painting it in...that makes sense to him. So I tried one his way. And I enjoyed those perfect circles mixed in. 
Wild Bumble Bees (2016)
Acrylic on canvas 10x10
 
It made me Bee happy, bee free, & Hive fun! 
-Cheree 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment